10 RULES TO LIVE BY WHEN BARTERING
- TRADE FAIRLY. Treat a customer the way in which you would want to be treated. Fair trade is contagious. Treat a member with respect and fairness; the feeling will spread quickly throughout the network.
- COLLECTING TAXES. All trade transactions are for the pre-tax amount. Collecting the taxes is the responsibility of the seller.
- TRANSACTIONS ARE CONDUCTED AT 100%. In the event that a cash component is requested by the seller, then please contact your broker.
- RETURN TELEPHONE CALLS. Treat customers with respect and give them the courtesy that you would expect. Please return every call, even if you are unable to do the job.
- CONSTANT CONTACT. Keep the lines of communication open with your broker. Their job is to provide you with assistance and to keep you up to date with the new products and services offered throughout the exchange.
- RESOLVE DISPUTES BEFORE CONTACTING US. Often times, disputes can be settled quickly with good communication. We understand that things don't always go as planned, nobody is perfect. But calling us before you speak to the person with whom you are having a problem is a waste of everybody's time.
- KEEP YOUR FEES CURRENT. If your account is not up-to-date we may not be able to authorize your purchases. Avoid embarrassment by keeping your fees current. You can also sign up for "Auto-Pay" by keeping your credit card on file.
- REFER A FRIEND OR ASSOCIATE. Increase trading opportunities for yourself and other members and receive $100 trade credits for every referral that joins the network! If you have a business that is interested in becoming a member, please let us know as soon as possible and we'll do the rest
- HAVE PATIENCE. Some barter requests may take time to put together. Some products and or services may not always be readily available due to demand. Let your broker know so that we can work on fulfilling your request.
- ALWAYS CALL FOR AUTHORIZATION. We are not obligated to honor trades that have not been pre-authorized by this office. It is very important to call for an authorization prior to starting a job for another client.
Barter helps you to improve inventory management by converting excess products into valuable goods and services.
"I would like to share how pleased we have been with Canadian Barter System. I was not really aware of trade until someone from their company approached me with the concept. It has been a great experience and I have grown to really appreciate my trade business."
- Executive Limousine Service
Member Since 2008